Monday, December 10, 2012

Welcome to Daguerreian Dreams, my blog featuring photography and photography related items from my humble collection. Enjoy!

Since this blog is named in honour of Louis Daguerre, the father of photography, I'll begin by posting a daguerreotype or two from my collection...

From the collection of John Rochon

Young Woman in a Striped Dress - 1/6th plate 1840's image in a leather half case, photographer and subject are unknown.  This is one of my favourite images, the contrast and clarity are amazing.

From the collection of John Rochon


Tinted Man in Pinched Suit - 1/4 plate 1840's image in a leather half case shown cased and uncased, photographer and subject are unknown.


From the collection of John Rochon

From the collection of John Rochon

Charming Couple - 1/4 plate early 1850's image in a leather half case shown cased and uncased, photographer and subjects are unknown.  This is another favourite of mine, I like the simplicity and warmth of the pose.

To learn more about the daguerreotype, follow this link:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daguerreotype

No comments:

Post a Comment