Sunday, December 16, 2012

Man's Best Friend

Although most people think immediately of dogs, I believe that any pet fits the description.  Here are some of my photos of people with their best friends...

From the collection of John Rochon






















From the collection of John Rochon


From the collection of John Rochon





















From the collection of John Rochon

The photo on the left above is of my grandmother, Adelia Moffatt with her friends, and the photo on the right is also my grandmother with her niece Helen Hamilton and their friend.

From the collection of John Rochon


The photo above is of my grandmother's family - she is standing at center - taken in Bobcaygeon, ON in 1901.






















From the collection of John Rochon


The photo on the left above is of my grandmother, at left, and her sisters May, center, and Margaret at right.

From the collection of John Rochon

The above snapshot is of my mother's cousin's family, Bobby and Robert Merchant and their best friend.

From the collection of John Rochon

The photo above left is of my parents just after their marriage with Ching.  The photo above right is of my gr-grandfather, Frederik Knudsen with "Glamourpuss".






















From the collection of John Rochon

The photo above is of my mother's cousin Helen Hamilton with her best friend Jim.  The photo on the right is of the Vieau family with their best friend.


From the collection of John Rochon

The snapshot above is of some of my cousins with their best friend taken in Bobcaygeon, ON in the 1950's.


From the collection of John Rochon

The above photo is from a glass negative snapped in Britain by Arthur FitzGerald Cochrane of the gardener's children with their best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment